Monday, May 25, 2015

 First big update of the spring.  Number one the EZ trench is having belt issues we get about 2 rentals out of a $25.00 set of belts.  This may be operator error I need to do more investigating.  So far the blade has not broken and replacing the belts is a simple 10 min job. 




The Bed Bug is now our back-up machine.  We have had an oil leak on the Honda engine since last fall. We have replaced the oil pan gasket the clutch gasket and the seal on the oil drain plug.  These repairs did not alleviate the problem.  I suspect that the engine block has a crack.  I don’t have time to work on it so we borrowed an engine off of a Blue Bird Sod Cutter.


During the engine replacement we put on a new chain new bearing bolts and a new blade.  The machine just came back from its second rental since rebuild with a broken blade shaft. Also 3 of the 4 bolts on the outside bearing housing were broken off.


When I checked the clutch oil I noticed the dip stick is starting to melt.  I have talked to Honda several times and the only answer Honda his that it is the wrong application for the particular model engine.  


No comments:

Post a Comment